Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Jack is Back!

Yay! JacksGap is back up and running! Now, if you do not know JacksGap then what have you been doing with your life????? Well, JacksGap is a YouTube channel run by two (might I say gorgeous) British twins. They go by the names Jack Harries and Finn Harries and they've been a part of the YouTube community since June 2011. The channel was created by Jack as a sort of project during his gap year. He later introduced his twin to the channel and has since has created a viewership of over 3 million subscribers. 

So you are probably wondering, "What does JacksGap have to do anything?” Jack has been a great influence to me, both creatively and inspirationally. He has produced great content over the years and has been a sort of inspiration for my decision to be more open with my creative side. 

Jack was recently involved in The Rickshaw Run, a 3,500 km (about 2,174 miles for us Americans) pan-Indian adventure for charity. He participated in this event with his brother, Finn, as well as friends namely, Harry Crowder, Louis Cole (a fellow youtuber), Ben Brown, Max Cantellow, and Will Darbyshire. This adventure was recorded as a 4 part video and was uploaded to the JacksGap channel. After the final video of The Rickshaw Run was put up, Jack seemingly disappeared from YouTube with no uploads for over 3 months. Until yesterday!

Jack uploaded a video explaining why he had been MIA on YouTube for a while now. I don't want to go into the details but he did mention something that resonated with me. He had a feeling of self doubt and lack of confidence in his own creative abilities which is something that I go through myself (I briefly touched on this in my previous post). I guess hearing him say that made me feel much better. I realized that the feeling of your work not being good enough is universal and that it is essential to overcome those feelings in order for you to grow into your own skin.

Check out Jack's new video as well as The Rickshaw Run series. Links are down below!




2 comments:

  1. I guess I've been doing nothing with my life since I don't know about the twins. So, imma check it out sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete